Saturday, September 22, 2012

My first poem - Greater Than All

This is my first post on this blog and I am going to share the first poem which I composed. It feels great to start this blog on literature and philosophy after writing on computer and technology for a couple of years.

I don't exactly remember how and when the idea of composing a poem came into my mind. But frankly speaking, literature has charmed me since my adolescence. After all it's in my blood. My grandfather was a famous Gujarati writer.

My amateurishness can be observed in the poem but anyway it's my first poem and I like it.

Greater Than All

Thinking thinking I slept-
That how the Earth was created?
If I find the answer,
Like great human, I will be accepted.

In my dream came a thing, 
Which was blur and Unclear.
Might be a conscience that was-
Knowledgeable and too dear.

It told me about the-
Scientists and philosophers mere,
Who wasted their whole life
Searching answer about this sphere.

"Do not follow them otherwise,
You will waste your game.
Even if you find it hardly,
What will you do of the fame?"

"Instead enjoy the world by
Traveling and take all pleasure.
The happiness received by sight of
Mountain, forest, river have no measure."

"Do not harm anyone, mental or physical
And become self-satisfied & self-sufficient.
This is already written in
Literatures which are very ancient."

"Learn the art of -
Controlling your mind,
It should not control you
You should have control of all kind."

"Free from hope to rise
And fear to fall
Nobody knows you,
Still you are greater than all."

- Akash Shastri (17/3/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment